You could switch this up with a hint of ginger
Salmon with asparagus baked in olive oil
The best things in life are easy and that’s why I love this simple dish. You put virtually all the ingredients including the fish in the pan and just bake in the oven.
I would suggest cooking the asparagus just eight minutes before the dish is ready to be fished out. Overcooked asparagus can develop a very stringy texture.
You can serve the fish with bread, steamed rice or boiled baby potatoes. It also goes very well with garlic bread and a glass of red wine. Life is too short to slave over a hot stove, so enjoy this recipe!
2 Pieces salmon fillets
1 vegetable stock cube – no msg
2 tablespoons Olive oil
1/2 tablespoon butter (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Wash and trim the asparagus and set aside.
3. Unpack the salmon and place the pieces in a baking tray.
4. Fill with water up to 1/2 inch and throw in the vegetable stock cube.
5. Put a dash of olive oil and a knob of butter.
6. Cook in the oven for 20 to 30 minutes.
7. The asparagus can be thrown in to cook for the last 5 to 8 minutes.
8. Remember – asparagus is very stringy when overcooked so keep the cooking time to a minimal.