There are many versions for lasagna rolls but we like this one for its versatility and simplicity. You can vary the ingredients and cheeses, it is quick and easy to make and I believe there are less calories in it too which is a bonus.
1 packet lasagna pasta
1 small packet chicken breast tenderloin –about 2 lbs but you can vary the amount depending if you want more chicken or more spinach and cheese, however you desire!
1 jar of your favorite marinara sauce. We used Italian Seasoning for this dish.
1½ to 2 cups Ricotta cheese
½ cup Cheddar cheese or Mexican blend
1 cup chopped spinach (fresh or frozen doesn’t matter)
2 tablespoons heavy cream
2 tablespoon butter (you can use vegetable oil instead)
Pinch of salt
½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
1. Cut the chicken into small cubes
2. Fry gently with a little butter for about ten minutes until cooked
3. Put the cooked chicken pieces in a bowl and mix with the cream, cheese and spinach
4. Meantime cook the lasagna skin in boiling water until soft
5. Take the lasagna skin out, drain and let the steam dissipate
6. Pour a cup or two of the marinara sauce in the pyrex dish (you can put more if you like)
7. Lay a piece of wax paper on the kitchen counter top
8. Lay out the each lasagna skin carefully and spread a layer of the ingredients you just prepared
9. Make the rolls and place in a pyrex dish with the marinara sauce
10. When finished, pour a layer of the marinara sauce over the top of the rolls carefully
Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top.
11. Bake in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes at 355°F until the cheese is golden brown