This is a great recipe from HelloFresh™. It was the first time we tried a set meal delivery and my daughter and I were very pleased with our first experience. The package consisted of 3 meals that came in three boxes packed in a large box with an ice pack in it.
Zesty pork chop was the first recipe we picked to cook. The instructions came in a lovely booklet that adds nicely to our menu library. The beauty of a set meal is a stress-free cooking without having to shop for ingredients and dreaming up recipes to cook.
Instructions for the Zesty Pork Chop
1. Wash, dry and prepare the vegetables. Chop the onions into little chunks, dice the tomatoes, grate the garlic, grate the lime skin, cut the corn kernels off the cob, finely chop the parsley, rinse and drain the beans.
2. In a large bowl, marinate the pork chop. Rub it with the cajun spices, lime zest and lime juice and season with salt and pepper. You can buy cajun spices conveniently mixed and you’d need about 1 to 2 tablespoon to mix all your meat in.
3. For the pork chop, you’d need to heat some oil (a couple of tablespoons) and fry it over medium-high heat, or barbecue it if you prefer. It will take about 4 – 5 minutes per side to cook it through.
4. For the salad, heat some oil in a large pan and add the corn and chopped red onion. Toss them over medium-high heat for just 2 – 3 minutes. Mix the remaining of the salad ingredients, lime zest, and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper. The salad can be prepared in advance and chilled if you prefer.
5. Serve the pork on the salad. You can glaze the pork with a drizzle of honey.