to spice things up a bit!
Apparently, eating chillies releases endorphins – the body’s natural painkillers. This is why people get addicted to them even though they burn (both ends). Chillies are also known to raise metabolic rate which helps burn calories. Chillies are reported to help lower blood pressure and have even been implicated to fight against cancer. Pickling is a great way to preserve the chillies without altering too much of its original form like drying or freezing. Chillie pickle makes a great tasty condiment and being brought up in the Far East, I love chillies even for breakfast!
20-30 small Green or red chillies
2 Cups white wine vinegar
1/2 Tbsp raw cane sugar
1/2 Tbsp salt
1. Slice the chillies into thin rounds. If you don’t want the heat, remove all the seeds.
2. In a little jar, fill with the chillies.
3. In a separate container mix the white wine vinegar with the raw sugar and salt.
4. Make enough to fill up the jar of chillies.
5. You can start eating as soon as you like but they taste better as time goes on.
6. Store in the fridge.