Perfect with a glass of wine while watching the sun set
Simple pleasures are the best things in life
Stuffed peppers with mozzarella cheese and prosciutto ham marinated in olive oil taste delicious. However, cherry peppers are pretty hard to find in supermarkets and you have to scout around for them in local farm shops.
If you want an instagram worthy jar, pack the peppers tightly
5-10 cherry peppers, stems, seeds, and core removed
1 package proscciuto ham cut into 2 inch strips by 1 inch
1 inch mozzerella cubes
1 cup warm olive oile
1. Cut the end of the pepper off.
2. With a melon scooper, scoop out the seeds and flesh of the pepper.
3. Cut the mozzarella cheese into small pieces.
4. Stuff the white cheese into the cavity of the pepper, pack in as much as you can but leave some room at the top.
5. Cut a small piece of the prosciutto ham, roll it into a neat ball and press into into the remaining space at the top of the pepper.
6. Pack the peppers tightly into an empty jar.
7. Fill up with olive oil.
8. Enjoy or put the lid on and store in the refrigerator.
9. I feel they are best eaten on the day but they can be stored up to three weeks.
10. Before serving, let it warm up to room temperature.