Little potato nests
These enchanting little potato nests are baked in a muffin tin. The hardest thing about them is making sure the potatoes are cooked just right without burning the rest of the ingredients. I turned the heat down mid-way through cooking, to about 300°F but on hindsight, I probably could get away with a silver foil loosely placed over the top and then removed for the last 10 minutes. I do like having this with salad and sour cream; there’s just something lovely about potatoes and sour cream combination.
1.1 Lbs (500g) potatoes
1 package Ham or turkey ham
Grated cheddar cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F
2. Peel the potatoes.
3. Using a Julienne blade or Mandolin slicer, grate the potatoes to match stick sizes.
4. Coat the potatoes in a little oil.
5. Grease the muffin pan.
6. put the potato sticks in the muffin holes.
7. Place the meat on top of the potato nests and top with grated cheese.
8. Cover with a piece of silver foil loosely for 15 minutes.
9. Remove foil and bake for another 15 minutes.
10. Serve on a bed of shredded lettuce.
11. Top with a generous dollop of sour cream.