GREEN Kitchen BEANS
Green beans are some of the healthiest vegetables around. Apart from being rich in fiber, they are a good source of vitamins A, C and K and the mineral manganese needed for skin, bone, cartilage formation as well as glucose tolerance. So don’t kill your green beans, be kind to them.
The best way to cook green beans is to cook them fast and quick over a short period of time to help preserve their goodness. I understand some like their beans mushy but remember heat alters the nature of things. The less you cook them the better for you.
1. Fill pot with just enough water to cover the top of the green beans.
2. Add a teaspoon of olive oil in the water.
3. Bring water to boil and boil just for five to eight minutes and no more.
4. Drain water or save it to make gravy.
5. Season with pepper.
6. A knob of butter or dash of soya sauce will make them go down really well.